SENIOR LIVING DECISION GUIDE
We have created this guide to assist you in making this important decision for you and your family member. As you select an assisted living residence, be sure to ask about the levels of care and services listed below.
- Will my family member truly feel at home?
- Does the community regularly assess and create an individual plan of care that considers the changing physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and spiritual needs of the resident?
- Are there programs and activities that are specially designed for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other types of memory impairments?
- Does the community offer comprehensive support programs: incontinence care; home health, laboratory and diagnostic services; licensed therapies; podiatry services; and psychological/psychiatric services?
- Is the community committed to encouraging dignity, independence and individuality while providing assistance when needed or requested?
- Are there multiple levels of care offered for different stages of the resident's needs?
- Does the community offer a schedule of fees personalized for each resident's specific assistance needs, ensuring that residents pay only for the services they require?
- Does the community compare to the specialized resources and expertise of Arbor Oaks, a recognized leader and innovative pioneer in the assisted living field?